What Are the Advantages of Precision Investment Casting and Production?
1. Understand the precision investment casting
The precision investment casting is a casting method in the modern traditional casting technologies, which can obtain relatively accurate shapes and relatively high casting accuracy. When designing and manufacturing products, better casting methods are used for wax casting, and the metal material obtained after a series of castings can be made into a relatively high-precision finished product after cleaning the sand. It can be heat treated or cold processed according to the needs of the product.
So what are the main advantages of such precision investment casting products? The precision investment casting has advantages of a wide range of applications, convenient production modes, and a large amount of scrap metal and renewable resources, less consumption, lower cost, and better comprehensive economic performance. It can produce castings with high dimensional accuracy and high surface finish, so the products produced in this way can reduce the workload of processing, and can save a lot of machine tools and processing time during processing and production, thus greatly saving metal raw materials.
2. Advantages of precision investment casting and production
(1) The precision investment casting has a wide range of applications, and is not limited by the size, thickness and complexity of the castings, and the production mode is convenient.
(2) The precision investment castings manufacturers can use a wide range of materials, including steel, iron, aluminum, copper, gold, silver, etc. and their alloys can all be cast. Compared with ordinary forging methods, it consumes less.
(3) Castings have certain dimensional accuracy, small working allowance, saving machining time and metal materials.
(4) Low cost, good overall economic performance, low energy consumption and less consumables.
(5) It can cast high-temperature alloy castings, such as jet engine blades, streamlined contours and cooling chambers, which are difficult to be formed by machining technology. Besides, the use of precision investment casting technology can not only achieve mass production, ensure the consistency of the castings, but also avoid the residual tool marks after processing.
(6) The precision investment casting can produce castings with high dimensional accuracy and surface finish, which can reduce the workload of machining. Only a small amount of working allowance is required to cater to high-demand parts. Even some castings can be processed without machining, leaving only polishing and polishing allowance. It can be seen that the precision investment casting method can save a lot of machine tools and processing time, and greatly save metal raw materials.