What Are the Advantages of Low Pressure Casting?
Ⅰ. Overview of low pressure casting
Low pressure casting means that the mold is generally placed above a sealed crucible, and compressed air is introduced into the crucible to cause a low pressure (0.06 to 0.15MPa) on the surface of the molten metal, so that the molten metal rises from the riser pipe to fill the mold and control Solidified casting method. Low pressure casting is a casting method with good feeding, compact structure of castings, easy casting of large thin-walled complex castings, no risers, and a metal recovery rate of 95%. It's easy to realize automation, since it won't cause pollution.
Ⅱ. What are the advantages of low pressure casting?
1. The pouring process parameters of low pressure die casting advantages include that can be set and adjusted arbitrarily within the process range to ensure stable liquid metal filling, and low pressure casting reduces or avoids the phenomenon of overturning, impact and splashing of molten metal during filling, thereby reducing the oxidation slag Form, avoid or reduce casting defects, and improve the quality of castings.
2. The molten metal is filled under pressure, which can improve the fluidity of the molten metal, and the casting has good formability, which is conducive to the formation of castings with clear contours and smooth surfaces, and is more beneficial for the formation of large thin-walled castings.
3. Low pressure castings crystallize and solidify under pressure, and can be fully fed, so the castings have dense structure and high mechanical properties.
4. Low pressure casting improves the process yield of molten metal. Under normal circumstances, no riser is needed, which greatly improves the yield of molten metal, which can generally reach 90%.
5. The working conditions of low-pressure casting are good; the production efficiency is high, and it is easy to realize mechanization and automation, which is also the outstanding advantage of low pressure casting.
6. Low pressure casting has a wide range of applications for alloy grades, and can basically be used for various casting alloys. Not only for casting non-ferrous alloys, but also low-pressure casting can be used for cast iron and cast steel. Especially for non-ferrous alloys that are easy to oxidize, it shows its superior performance, that is, it can effectively prevent the molten metal from oxidizing and slagging during the pouring process.
7. Low pressure casting has no special requirements for mold materials. Any material that can be used as a mold can be used as a mold material for low pressure casting. Low pressure casting is basically the same as the casting molds for gravity casting and special casting applications, such as sand molds (clay sand, water glass sand, resin sand, etc.), shell molds, metal molds, graphite molds, investment casting shell molds, ceramic molds, etc. In short, low pressure casting has no strict restrictions on the requirements of mold materials.